Sunday, November 2, 2008

Blondies for Bloggers

I've decided that there is one perk to being the enrichment counselor; I get to look around the Ward and see things that I want to learn and make it happen. It is a totally selfish thing, but it is what it is!

On November 13th, at 12:30 Natalie Coffin will be teaching a workshop for us all about blogging. Think of blogging as family history, it's a great way to record our current family lives. Go to her site and let her know you will be there.
http://scottnatalieandkids.blogspot.com/2008/11/calling-all-bloggers.html

I've promised to bring the blondies that Natalie loves, they are pretty good. Here is the recipe in case you'd like to try them (or just come the the blog workshop.)

Blondies (for bloggers)

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup melted butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 Tbl. Vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients, set aside. Blend brown sugar and melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually, mix in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh NOW I am excited! Blondies are the best! Thank you so much for making them especially for me and for posting the recipe. That means a lot! And thanks for the plug for the blog class as well. You are doing a great job on your blog. I love to visit it frequently!

Love, Natalie :)

Adrienne said...

Hi Kris-

I was looking forward to your Halloween post because I knew you'd come up with some fabulous costumes.

You'll have to tell Abby that my Abby wore some of her old tights that went perfectly with her costume.

We miss you guys!

Joel & Lisa said...

kris, this is hands down my favorite dessert! this is a great day.