Monday, December 22, 2008

The "Christmas Letter"



I hate Christmas letters... or I should say I hate my Christmas letters. I do enjoy Bob's extraordinary letter every year, of course, it is a work of pure fiction...and darned funny. On the other hand, I feel the social pressure to produce one every year. I often rebel, but this year, I'll relent. Since I don't have Bob's talent, and let's face it, we're just not that interesting, I've decided to go with a list approach. This is our year in a nutshell.

basketball, great to be 8 party, Preisthood Preview, mom is in her 30's for the LAST time, hosting bookclub (family complaining that we're too loud and up too late,) HULA HOOPS, Kraig is 16...still no license and no dates, Annual Easter Egg Hunt and brunch in our back yard, Abby turns 8! Mom goes to Cabo with her friends, Dad sends mom an e-mail (in Cabo) saying he's been called to the Bishopric (killjoy,) granddad comes to ordain dad a high priest, Preschool Carnival, BASEBALL, school carnival, more baseball, Abby is Baptized, primary talent show, mom called to be enrichment counselor, Ballet recital, Pioneer Trek (Kraig got THE BEST Ma and Pa, just like in real life,) Dad is definitely over 40, St. Louis Arch, metro link, Grant's Farm, Nauvoo, handcarts, CARTHAGE, swimming lessons at heidi's, Ben turns 4, ward BBQ (dad is NOT in charge this year, YEA!), HP Picnic (too darned hot,) Drive to Idaho, swim in grandma's pool, Camp with the grandparents in the Bitterroot Mountains, Stand on the Continental Divide, cross country meets, Reed turns 12, Reed receives the Aaronic Priesthood, NO BROKEN BONES THIS YEAR, grandma and grandpa come to visit, Ward Halloween Party, TRICK OR TREATING, Merit badge clinic, basketball (again,) Ward Christmas Party, SNOW DAYS, waiting for santa...

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoyed your post!

Brady Parmenter said...

That was a great descrption! I think you make a very good Christmas card!

Darilyn said...

Merry Christmas. I love your list.