Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clash of the (oatmeal) Cookies




My sister in law, Annette, recently sent me a recipe for double chocolate oatmeal cookies...she said they were "to die for." I already had a similar recipe by Kris Smith (the queen of all cookies, in my book.) I decided to make both and let the kids decide which they liked better.






Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Annette Brower
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 ¾ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 c. oatmeal
12 oz. chocolate chips, more or less

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes



Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Kris Smith
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco
1/4 milk
1 egg
2 2/3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
(I always add about 2 cups chocolate chips)

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes


The kids liked Annette's cookies better, but it was very close. Honestly, you really can't go wrong with either recipe...they're both pretty awesome. Next time, I might make a hybrid version of the two...just for fun. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I think a blind taste test is in order.

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Found you thorough Portland's Feedjit link. Those cookies look quite tasty--thanks for sharing!

Darilyn said...

Thanks for posting pictures and a recipe. They look yummy.