Saturday, January 10, 2009

Her mother's Daughter...

As much as I hate to admit it sometimes, Abby is definitely her mother's daughter. Well, except the crying and drama, which I'm hoping is a phase that she will out-grow. I don't know that we look a lot a like, she has my coloring...I can't claim her curly hair, because Steve has curly hair too. I basically think of myself as the vessel by which my husband's clones come. She has lots of my mannerisms though, and it makes us seem like we look more alike (does that make any sense at all?) OK, here is what I found this morning that made me think "oh my gosh, it's me all over again."


First, to back up a little bit. Abby had a sleep-over last night...her BFF since they were babies, and she wanted everything to be perfect. So she did what I would have done, and made a list.

0. do hair
1. make bed (they got to sleep on the sofa bed in the family room)
2. draw
3. wash face and hands (was this their version of a facial?)
4. Bathroom (why do little girls like to play in the bathroom?)
5. P.D.O., when I questioned her on this one, I found out that this means "put deodorant on." I don't get it, but it was part of her plan. Maybe, they view this as "grown up"
6. snacks
7. B.T. (before-bed things, that's what she said, not me)
8. lights off
9. set up movie
10. watch movie

Then I found a post-it note (#48 of my 100 things I like) that said
"try to stay up until 1:30 in the morning."

I'd say they accomplished this one...I heard giggles at 3:00 a.m. and had to put on my mean, tired mom voice (which, actually comes pretty naturally) and tell them to be quiet and get to sleep...she's going to be a WRECK today!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I, too, am also borderline OCD about my list-making. I can't give up the paper and pen to go electronically because I so enjoy crossing items off. How about you?

Kris Farrar said...

I'm a pen and paper girl too, as is Abby, she was "marking off" her done items with a purple crayon...it's all about the visual sense of accomplishment! ;)