Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Opposites Attract

Steve has been home for the last two days...everyone at HP has an "appointment" to receive either a job offer or a package. Steve's appointment is at 5:00 this evening...we'll keep you posted. That package word is very confusing to me, it sounds more like a gift than a pink slip...but anyway it is what it is. We are pretty sure Steve is OK, but watching his co-workers drop like flies has been very stressful for him.

Anyway, because he was home we went to Costco together this morning. About half way through the store Ben decided he needed to go potty, and the part of the beauty of being the mom of boys is that Steve gets that honor whenever he is around....so off they go.

I was checking out the flowers, squeezing roses to find the freshest bunch when my cell phone rings and I can tell it's Steve because the McGyver Theme Song is playing. I answer and Steve says "be sure you watch your purse!" I almost started laughing out loud....after nearly 20 years he still feels the need to "train" me. I grew up in a tiny town in Idaho...Emmett where everyone knows everyone (and is in every one's business all the time, but that would be a whole new post.) I am VERY trusting, I always assume people are honest. Steve, on the other hand, grew up just outside of Detroit, Michigan and trusts NO ONE! Saying I was naive would be an understatement. I've had to learn, among other things; to lock the car, lock the house, and not assume that everyone has my best interests at heart.

Really, that's just one item on the long list of ways that we are complete opposites...but somehow it works for us, I would even go as far to say that we are a pretty darned good team.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Out of country hit!

Kris Farrar said...

THANKS!!! You're the best!