Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Talented Hoop Girls

Central Elementary is having a talent show on Feb 19, the kids were asked to audition. Abby and her dear friend, Suzanne worked really hard choreographing a hula hoop dance for the show. At first I thought I would help them with their choreography, I started looking at YouTube and thinking about their skill level.

Suzanne started coming over every day after school for the kids to practice. The first day, I thought I'd just let them hoop together and get the feel for what they could do....then I realized they were working really hard making up their own routine. They wrote everything down on note cards so they wouldn't forget, and practiced over and over. Suzanne's dad, Vince found some really great music("Hula Hoop" by the Platters,) Sally (Suzanne's mom) found the cutest costumes, and I made the girls fabulous matching hoops. On the day of the audition, they stood in a long line and waited their turn to be called into the music room. When they were called in, they were met by a panel of four judges (their eyes got a little big when they saw that.) They were a little nervous, and did their routine a little faster than normal, but did a great job and I was VERY proud of them.


So, if you would like to catch these talented hoop girls in action, we will see you at

Central Elementary on February 19th at 7:00

2 comments:

A LDS mother to three busy kids said...

Cute Pictures Kris! I did not know your kids went to central! How do you like it there? I wanted my kids to go there but did not know anyone other thank Sabrina who went there. Do they emphasis more into the arts? :)Hope you had fun in Me-XI-CO!

Darilyn said...

What a fun thing. They look adorable in those skirts.