Thursday, February 12, 2009

!Viva la MEXICO!


I can't think of a better birthday gift...getting to go to Cabo with Sarah, reading, laying on the beach, reading, eating fabulous food, reading, soaking up the sun, and did I mention that I caught up on a few books I've been wanting to read?



Here are some of the things I love about Mexico:

  • The sun...and boy did I need it. Oregon winters are a little grey, now I think I'll make it until spring.
  • The food...what's not to like about fresh salsa, guacamole, and chips? Not to mention that I got to eat my first lobster in the shell, plus lots of fabulous stuff that I will be trying to reproduce at home.
  • Mexico is a huge ego boost...I could never get tired of being called "beautiful Kristina."
  • No schedule, I think that one speaks for itself. We had time to get not one, but two massages.

Thanks to my sweet husband Steve, for being the kind of husband who will stay home and keep the home fires burning while I have a little mom fun. Thanks Sarah, it was my best birthday EVER!!!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Looks like you had fun in the sun!!

Darilyn said...

I'm so glad you got to do this. I think I need to be following your example this time next year for my 40th.

The Loftins said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!! Two massages, that is heavenly...Ahhhhhhh so nice. Happy Birthday again to you!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Hi, This is darilyn's sister. You will have to give us some info on your trip. I have already been notified that this is our goal for next January! :)

Kris Farrar said...

You guys should totally go...it was the best birthday ever. I'm happy to help any way I can.

Alison said...

What a happy birthday!