Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Easy like Sunday Morning is an oxymoron in my world. It seems like I would be able to get it together. Steve hasn't been available for the majority of Sunday mornings for the past decade. I've been feeding, washing, and dressing our offspring before church by myself for a very long time...so why is it still so hard?

I THINK I'm trying to be prepared...we lay out clothes (or at least, the kids say they are laid out, but someone is always foraging for a lost shoe 10 minutes before we have to leave.)

I would like us to arrive at church with everyone COMPLETELY ready (including mom,) but I usually notice something is amiss with someone once we get to church. Last Sunday, Ben was wearing one black sock and one blue sock. Reed is often tying is tie and his shoes on the way. We also regularly forget belts, have dirty faces, arrive with breakfast or toothpaste drips on church clothes, sans lipstick for mom... and the mother of all blunders was when Ben came to church wearing TWO left shoes.

This certainly doesn't contribute to peace and happiness in our family. If I have to keep trying until I get it right......YIKES! I guess they will eventually grow up and move out right?

5 comments:

A LDS mother to three busy kids said...

Oh Kris, this made me laugh and feel normal. It is good know that I am not the only mom that has send her child to church in two left shoes.....( I have done better... Taylor wanted to wear a croc and his rainboot to church when he was in nursery and me not paying attention as we went out the door did not notice until the sacrament was being passed! LOL )

Jennifer said...

You mean it doesn't get any better as they get older? Ugh!

Kris Farrar said...

Not for me, at least....Well, I don't scream at them anymore...but I can only control my own behavior. They are still their scattered selves.

sromriell said...

Kris - thank you so much for this comment - you are wonderful!!! Sunday mornings are crazy here too-seems like one of the girls has to have a meltdown about NOTHING to wear 10 min before we leave (even though they were already dressed 5 min before :p)...I try to just remember those days as a teenager and try to grin about it. I have learned to remain calm too-funny how we change as we get older....

Darilyn said...

Who doesn't go through this on Sunday mornings? We are the same way. At the beginning of the year when we switched to the early morning schedule I told myself that I would not get upset with everyone about getting there on time. I decided that if we were a little late to church that was okay as long as there is still peace in our home. It has helped a lot.