Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm changing my name....stop calling me MOM!


Sometimes, I think these children are trying to kill me! Last night we got everyone settled in bed, then went to bed ourselves....neither Steve or I are night owls, we are often in bed by 10:00. At 10:30 comes the first knock on our door...."WHAT!" It's Ben, he needs a finger nail clipped (and you didn't know about this two hours ago?) so Steve got up and handled it.


We got maybe 15 minutes of peace before Abby is knocking on the door...."WHAT NOW!" She wants to talk to mom, "mom's asleep" (OK, he lied.) "I think I have a lump on my chest," (both of us roll our eyes at each other.) We'll look at it in the morning, go back to bed. Turns out she had two "lumps" on her chest (one on each side,) one was a little mole and the other a clogged pore. GOOD GOSH!


Fifteen more minutes go by....another knock at the door...."ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Reed says, "I've been trying to go to sleep for an hour and a half and I just can't sleep." So apparently, he thought we should join his little insomnia party....I should have given him a big basket of laundry to fold, but I took the high road and said "go to bed and relax." I should also point out that he hadn't finished his trumpet practice and was probably worried about facing the band teacher this morning. NOT my problem!


All I've got to say about all this is, Mother's Day is coming soon and I think I should get a BIG present! :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

I can totally sympathize with you. When I tell my kids "don't talk to me, I'm on strike," they have to go ask dad what that means, then they get all mad. Then things get really funny. Maybe you can go on strike for a couple of hours?