Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just Keep Running, Just Keep Running

About a month ago, I bought new running shorts. Steve said "those are too big, buy a size smaller." I didn't listen. Today was the first day I felt that it was warm enough to wear shorts for my run...he was right. They are too big, and between the junk in my trunk and my thunder thighs; they are darned annoying... hiking up in all the wrong places and falling down in others. Will I ever learn?

That said...running, on the other hand, is getting better. I'm not dying all the time and I'm able to go for longer periods without stopping. My breathing is getting better and I'm getting fewer cramps. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't like it yet, but don't totally hate it any more.

6 comments:

Darilyn said...

Woohoo, that is the greatest thing to not hate it anymore. I can't imagine ever being at that point but I'm proud of you for reaching it.

Katie said...

I think shorts are just annoying to run in period. Yay for you for being a runner! I don't quite consider myself one yet... used to be, and decided this week to pick it up again. My wardrobe mistake this morning: no ear coverings. The sunshine tricked me into not wearing my headband/ear muff and I was hurting. I don't know why my ears are so sensitive, but they are.

Mary Ann said...

I like that ad.

Katie said...

Good for you! Stick with it, it keeps getting better.

Kris Farrar said...

That Nike Ad series is AWESOME...I wrote to Nike and got them all including "my butt is big" and "my knees are tomboys" They are great for YW lessons about body image.

sromriell said...

Kris where did you write to---I would love to have that information for YW