Monday, April 13, 2009

Party like a Rock Star!

OK, I'll admit it up front....I don't like Hannah Montana, she gets on my nerves. Abby, on the other hand, LOVES Hannah Montana and wanted to have a Hannah birthday sleepover. UGH!!!
Alright, I'll do a little research....so I asked some of my friends with daughters about how to pull this off. I got some good advice... N. had actually done a Hannah party, so she was my main go to girl. K's daughter R had been to one and gave me some good tips too. E. just made fun of me and called me Un-American for hating Hannah. But then, he will sit and watch endless episodes with his two daughters, and quite frankly, I question him WAY more than I would ever question myself on that deal. B. gave good survival advice (a fellow Hannah hater) "that's what ipods are for." I have to say, I used that and was very happy to be "in the world, but not of the world" at times.

So this is what I came up with:
Hannah Montana Karaoke,
Steve is able to check out a projector and 80" screen from work and I found a Hannah Montana Karaoke CD at Target....SCORE (for Abby, anyway)
Rock Star Makeovers,
I decided to let the girls handle this...they are nine now and have a good idea of how they want to make each other up, they didn't need me meddling. I also picked up an airbrush "tattoo" tool, and they inked each other head to toe. I'm guessing I was REALLY popular with the other moms the next morning.
Hannah Montana DVDs,
S. reminded me that they have them at the library...I checked out four.
Hannah Montana Wii Game,
borrowed from another friend, I never even had to pull this out...the girls were too busy with the other stuff.
Abby and her friends had a great time, I finally shut the party down at 1:00 a.m. and had them settle in for the night....I had a little bit of a Hannah hangover the next day.
It's been a big weekend, the house is a wreck and I'm way behind on laundry, but I'm going to get a pedicure this morning... and I'm not even going to feel guilty about it, I totally deserve it!

1 comment:

Darilyn said...

We had almost this same exact party last year for Heidi's 8th. It looks like yours was a big success. Way to go mom!