Friday, May 1, 2009

Sharing the LOVE!

My friend Natalie is now the proud mother of Guido's offspring. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to share my sourdough starter, I googled it and couldn't really find anything. So a week or so ago I asked my friend, Kevin, to confirm what I already thought. This is how you do it...

  • I take a cup from my starter and give it to a friend
  • When she (or he) gets it home... she "feeds" it with one cup of water and one cup of flour
  • I feed my own starter and...

WE ARE A HAP-PY FAM-I-LY!!!

I wonder what Natalie will name her sourdough starter?...

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Thanks for sharing Kris! I am really excited to make some yummy bread. We will have to have a special Family Home Evening to figure out a name for our starter. I will let you know when we decide. Hopefully it will not take as long as it took for us to decide on Lindsay's name. She was almost a Leah!