Monday, September 28, 2009

There goes my 'get skinny quick' plan...


Aren't runners skinny? I THOUGHT runners were skinny! But I was recently teaching a class and noticed a woman wearing a marathon t-shirt and asked her about it..."yeah, I just finished my first half marathon," she said. Now I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying how it is...she wasn't skinny, in fact, she was a little on the chubby side.


CRAP!!!


Now what am I getting out of this running thing? Is it enough for me to just be strong and healthy WITHOUT the skinny part? I need to think this through.


Enjoy each mile, because you may or may not be getting skinnier :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am with ya on this one girl. Ever since I started training for this marathon I have been at a standstill on the scale (btw I am not "skinny" YET!) but I can run 20 miles! I am hoping 20 lbs just falls off of me after the marathon in 2 weeks!