Thursday, November 19, 2009

I AM thankful...

So, I've watched my friends on facebook do this "Thanksgiving Challenge" on their status lines. Each day the say something they are thankful for. So I missed the boat for the first 19 days of the month, but I think I can pull it all together here. Here I am...jumping on the bandwagon.

I am thankful for.....

4 great kids...they are all individuals, and I enjoy the heck out of being their mother Anti-frizz serum A husband that supports my independent streak (and let's face it, I can be a handful) and eats just about whatever wacko thing I've dreamed up in the kitchen (and rarely complains about it) A strong healthy body....so I'm not as skinny as I'd like to be, at some point, I'll have to get over that. 2 parents who raised me well and always set the bar high pedicures...or maybe I'm thankful for cute toes 7 bookies...the women who are there through thick and thin good running shoes....I haven't decided if I'm thankful for running yet, but if I'm going to do it, I'm much happier doing it in good shoes. Music...it adds a lot of joy to my life REALLY GOOD friends who have become more like part of our family to live in this country that affords the freedoms we enjoy, and while it's not perfect, I do believe it is the promised land Our Ward family and the good examples they are in the lives of my children
Board games, and the fun we have as a family playing together Facial wax, because without it I would surely have a unibrow
A lovely home that keeps us warm and dry
Am I allowed to be thankful for Costco? because I am
hardwoodfloors ...blood, puke, pee, poop, it all wipes right up
Good schools for my kids
a boy who dared to question the religions of his time and knelt in a grove of trees and took his concerns to his Father in Heaven


OK, this is harder than it looks...and I'm won't promise to do the rest of the month, but there it is. I, obviously have much to be thankful for.


No comments: