Sunday, December 27, 2009

The feeding frenzy stops here!

I work out a lot...more than 7 hours a week and that's if I don't do any running...and running significantly adds to that time. Sometimes, I get a little ticked off that I'm not skinnier...in my mind, I should be uber skinny with all the gym time I put in. OK, I think I've figured out what the problem is, I guess it's not rocket science....apparently, I have no self control.


I sat down and made a list of all the desserts I've consumed from Thanksgiving until now, and quite frankly, it's a freaking miracle that I don't have to order clothes from Omar the tent maker. I'm feeling darned lucky that I can button my jeans up. Be prepared to be shocked and then sit down and try it...just list the desserts, nothing else...it's an eye opener.
Here's my list:

Thanksgiving, I made 4 kinds of pie, peanut butter cup, snickers, banana cream, and key lime...I tried them all, not all on the same day, but yes, I ate some of each

People bring lots of goodies around Christmas, I don't know if they just feel obligated because Steve is in the Bishopric, but regardless of the reason, we got lots of treats...let's break it down by category (and yes, I ate some of each):

Bread:
Cinnamon rolls, pumpkin bread, monkey bread, lemon bread, Christmas bread, and nut bread

Candy:
Divinity (BTW, Sister Kunzulman makes the BEST divinity I've ever tasted), caramels, fudge, penuche, pecan log, peanut butter fudge, peanut brittle, oreo truffles, and nutter butter truffles, rocky road...oh and Sarah brought me a 1/2 box of dark chocolate Queen Anne Cherries.... I let the kids each have one and I ate the rest.

Cookies:
molasses cookies, sugar cookies, cranberry cookies, peanut butter cookies, poppy seed cookies, peanut butter kisses, and nut crescents. I also ate one of April's cookies at a Relief Society meeting, because I can't let the opportunity to eat one of April's cookies go by.

Steve and I went to Novaks for dessert one night...we got the sampler platter (oh my gosh!)

Chocolate fondue at book club

Sister Crook made Oliebollens for the ward fireside....and Julene made me eat one

A lemon bar at the ward Christmas party

and a blondie sundae with eggnog ice cream and butterscotch sauce on Christmas Eve

I almost forgot the stocking candy on Christmas morning

No wonder I feel sluggish, I think it's time to start my yearly sugar purge.

3 comments:

Darilyn said...

I think my list would look similar if I actually wrote it all down. I feel so tired and sluggish as well. It's amazing what sugar can do to us.

april said...

that is my kind of diet :)

Katie said...

I run so that I can eat!