Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm NOT making fruit kabobs!


Ben took snack today to his preschool class. He's been trying to convince me for days that he should take fruit kabobs (for 17 kids and 2 teachers.) Ummmm......NO! I've let my children bully me over the years as far as school treats go...one time I made cinnamon rolls for Reed's entire class, how stupid is that? But NO MORE!

Now I'm the old mom, and I know better. At this point, I think he should feel lucky that I even remember to take snack at all...dementia could set in at any moment (AND I almost forgot the last time it was our turn.....oops)
I think he did OK, he took Chex party mix, orange slices, and brown sugar mini muffins that I got up at 6 a.m. to make. P.S. I'm not making birthday party bags for the entire class either...I'll leave that to the dumb young moms :)

3 comments:

april said...

that is so funny. i think only your kids would even know to request a fruit kabob. my kids would be like - "what's a kabob?" :)

Mary Ann said...

Do you think it's possible to be a young/new mom without going overboard? They seem to very reliably do it, so it makes me wonder if it just isn't possible to do otherwise.

Another way to ask this would be; is it exhaustion/decreased capacity at work for older moms (or moms of more kids) or is it wisdom gained through experience that results in reduced 'dumb' over-the-top new-mom stuff?

Kris Farrar said...

Oh I think it is definitely exhaustion and moving slower...wisdom is probably secondary :)