Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cookie incident


I made cookies for 5th grade graduation...2 doz almond cookies with a whole almond right in the middle... they were lovely. I put them on a plate, sent Abby out the door and she promptly DROPPED the entire plate. Plate broken, cookies on the driveway and I did what any other overwhelmed mother trying to get the kids off to school (besides swear, I did that too) would do. I invoked the 10 second rule...dusted them off, put them on a PAPER plate this time, and sent them to school.


So, if you ate one of my cookies at graduation and there was a little extra....um....fiber, there is your explanation....... If you never trust me to bring cookies anywhere ever again, I understand completely.....If you want to make your own, here is the recipe.


Almond Cookies

1 cup butter, soft

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp almond extract

2 1/2 cups of flour

1 tsp baking powder


Cream sugar and butter, add egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture with minimal mixing...chill for 2 hours.

Drop cookies onto a cookie sheet and press a whole almond in the center of each cookie. Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

This made me laugh. I would do exactly what you did.

Except the swearing. ;)

Jennifer said...

LOL!

I am going to have to try these cookies too - they look yummy!

Holly said...

I would eat your cookies anytime - fiber and all! I would have done the same thing!